I had the privilege of serving Piedmont Clinic’s Quality & Patient Safety Department through project management, consulting, communications, and training + development.
Leading system-wide projects for a network of over 2500+ physicians across 11 hospitals & 400 ambulatory practices, I helped the health system achieve goals centered around:
- Prioritizing quality & patient safety
- Optimizing the physician & patient experience
- Ensuring regulatory compliance
Projects I worked on required: benchmarking, engaging with C-suite leaders & physician stakeholders for critical decision-making, consulting with outside legal counsel, conducting GEMBA walks, gathering & analyzing data, and managing weekly meetings, status reports, & project documentation.
Recent projects I led from start to finish :
- Successful launch of system-wide Quality Program for the physician network
- Developed crucial Driving Improvement Process for physician accountability to quality improvement
- Facilitated system-wide data clean-up project to resolve billing, reimbursement, & operational issues
- Successful launch of clinical governance council initiatives engaging physicians, system leaders, and staff to standardize workflows across 11 hospitals, improve operational efficiency, and decrease patient harm
In addition, I also facilitated change management impacting over 15,000 employees by creating system-wide communications, organizing townhall events, leading presentations, training system leaders, and developing other educational collateral
I helped improved physician performance by 50% within 90 days by serving as an educational resource providing on-site physician and staff training and analyzing performance data to recommend opportunities for quality improvement
Serving as a liaison, I also partnered daily with Business Intelligence & IT to build, maintain, test, and validate critical quality data warehouses, dashboards, and reports to track operational performance measures and report out on opportunities for improvement
See below a testimonial I received from the organization for my efforts on one of their biggest projects to date.